Last updated August 2018
NORBIT being an international, knowledge-based corporation, consists of several companies throughout the world. NORBIT acknowledge privacy as a fundamental human right and seek to minimize the collection and use of personal data and provide transparency and control over such information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- If you contact us by email or other electronic means, we may collect and process the correspondence itself including standard email headers. We use this data for the purpose of communicating with you. Related service data like server logs which can contain timestamps, originating mail server IPs and other technical metadata are also collected, and used to monitor and maintain system performance.
- If you willfully provide us with information regarding our goods or services, this information may be collected and processed for the purpose of handling your enquiries, but not for other purposes.
- If you are a customer or supplier of us, we will collect company information which may include postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, contact persons and bank account numbers. This information is used for communicating with you regarding contractual matters, for invoicing and other financial operations, and may be used to contact you regarding relevant company activities. Financial information including transactions are kept in accordance with national laws in the respective countries we operate.
- We may be provided personal information from other sources, where our role is to be data handlers. In these cases, we only collect and use the information as needed to perform our role in the specific project.
DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION
- Information collected at a NORBIT company, may be disclosed to other NORBIT companies, but only if it is required for the purposes described in this policy.
- NORBIT has offices or facilities in Norway, USA, UK, Singapore, Brazil and several EU countries. The hosting facilities for the data we handle are situated in Norway, USA, Ireland and the Netherlands.
- Some of our services are hosted at subcontractors, including but not limited to Digital Ocean, ITsjefen AS, Infonett Røros AS, Google and Microsoft.
- Data transfer between NORBIT companies’ facilities and to and from hosting facilities will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- Personal data will be retained only for the duration that is necessary for the purposes described in this policy.
- Data may be retained shorter or longer only to the extent required to comply with laws like national accounting acts.
- Technical log data which may contain personal information will be retained for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 6 months.
- This policy may be updated from time to time. Any new version will be published on our website https://norbit.com/.
- If major changes are done to the policy, we may contact you directly by email to notify you of this.
- Your privacy rights are protected under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. These include, but are not limited to, the right to access, correct, delete and extract your personal information.
- You have the right to get confirmation as to if, where and how we keep or process your personal data, including information about the purpose and categories of data.
- You have the right to get incorrect data corrected or incomplete data completed.
- You have the right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances. These include: objections under data protection law; the data is no longer required for the purpose intended; or the data has been misused outside its intended purpose. Erasure requests may be declined if the data is required for compliance with legal obligations or in relation to legal claims.
- You have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, machine readable format, unless it would adversely affect the rights of others.
- If you wish to contact us to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please send a written notice by registered post or by email to the addresses listed below.
- Our main website is https://norbit.com/, owned by NORBIT ASA, operated by Creatur Media AS and hosted by Digital Ocean
- NORBIT ASA is registered in Norway, registration number NO 992718196 MVA
- Our registered office address is Stiklestadveien 1, N-7041 Trondheim, Norway
- Our postal address is NORBIT ASA, Postboks 1858 Lade, N-7440 Trondheim, Norway.
- You can contact us by post to the postal address given above, by email to email@example.com or by telephone +47 73 98 25 50.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- Our data protection officer can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone via the number given above.