NORBIT Subsea delivers complex sonar systems consisting of bathymetric transceivers, interface units, GNSS receivers, LiDARs, and other subsea equipment. An engineer in NORBIT Subsea dedicates his workday to make sure we deliver quality work that satisfy our customers’ high expectations. Our engineers execute a variety of different activities to achieve this goal, and the most important tasks may include the following:
- Complex troubleshooting on electronic and mechanical designs
- Develop test equipment and software
- Contribute to the feedback loop between all departments
- Support of our factories, customers and partners
- Improvement/optimization of product design and processes
- Handle new designs delivered by our R&D department
- Qualify and audit suppliers and factories
- Higher professional degree or B.Sc in electronics engineering
- Hands-on experience with analog and digital circuits
- Good understanding of mechanical design and physics in general
- Some experience producing and maintaining documentation
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of Root Cause Analysis
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with programming
- Subsea domain experience
- Dedicated and highly competent colleagues
- A creative and informal environment that allows you to explore more
- Competetive salary conditions
- Insurance and pension plan
- Flexible working hours
Subsea designs and develops wideband multibeam sonars for hydrographic applications, forward-looking applications as well as advanced subsea leakage detection. Our solutions are based on the latest in analogue and digital signal processing and our products provide wide coverage monitoring combined with high sensitivity and accuracy. Subsea is part of the segment Oceans in NORBIT ASA.
NORBIT is a global provider of tailored technology to carefully selected niches. The company’s business is structured to address its key markets;
Oceans, offering tailored technology solutions to global maritime markets, Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), offering connectivity solutions for traffic systems and truck applications,
and Product Innovation & Realization (PIR), offering R&D services and contract manufacturing to key customers.
All companies and employees in NORBIT share the same vision: To be recognized as world-class, enabling people to explore more.
NORBIT has a strong corporate culture inspired by great explorers. Deep domain knowledge from each segment ensures that innovations by NORBIT’s experienced R&D engineers are fully market driven. In-house manufacturing capabilities ensure good scalability and quality control, elements that are vital to further growth and expansions.
NORBIT is headquartered in Trondheim, Norway, with manufacturing facilities in Selbu, Røros and Trondheim, Norway and 12 offices and subsidiaries around the world.
Inquiries about the position:
+47 922 35 740
Service and Support Manager
+47 922 35 740
Closing date: 18.08.2021