NORBIT Subsea designs and develops high-resolution wideband multibeam sonars for hydrographic
applications, forward-looking applications, and advanced subsea leakage detection. Our team of
multidisciplinary engineers have pioneered ground-breaking innovations and made NORBIT a
significant brand within our market.
We are currently recruiting a Hydrographic Surveyor to join our global support team. In this exciting
opportunity, the successful candidate will travel worldwide to install and commission multibeam survey systems and provide training and technical support to our clients.
- Manage the installation and commissioning of multibeam survey systems.
- Provide technical support and training for clients both on-site and remotely from home.
- Perform product demonstrations on-site and at exhibition workshops globally.
- Perform product testing and provide internal feedback to support research and development.
- Prepare technical documentation and reports.
- Support marketing activities by collecting, processing, and presenting multibeam data.
- Become part of and contribute to the wider global support structure by attending meetings and collaborating with NORBIT’s international support team.
- The position is expected to include 100 travel days per year, including regular visits to NORBIT’sheadquarter facilities in Trondheim, Norway.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Hydrographic Survey position.
- A solid understanding of Hydrographic Survey principles and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of multibeam survey systems and Inertial Navigation Systems.
- Degree level qualification in a Hydrographic Survey related discipline (Cat A or similar).
- Experience of industry-standard hydrographic software suites such as Qinsy, Qimera, HYPACK,CARIS HIPS & SIPS, EIVA NaviSuite, BeamworX, or similar.
- A broad understanding of Hydrographic Survey applications (dredging, offshore, etc.) utilising sonarsystems on different deployment platform types such as vessels, ROVs and USVs.
- The skills and confidence to represent the company at events and meetings.
- The ability to work flexibly in response to changing priorities and be creative.
- Excellent attention to detail and process driven in all aspects of work, including writing of technicalprocedures and client commissioning reports.
- Medically fit to work offshore.
- Full command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Applicants must be able to and be entitled to work in the UK and Norway.
- Valid sea survival certification.
- Familiar with multibeam integrations on ROV installations.
Based from home, the successful candidate will be expected to travel regularly for vessel visits, conferences, exhibitions, and occasional offshore assignments when required.
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Global Service & Support Manager
Application deadline: As soon as possible