NORBIT Subsea designs and develops wideband multibeam sonars for hydrographic applications, forward-looking applications as well as advanced subsea leakage detection. Our solutions are based on the latest in analogue and digital signal processing and our products provide wide coverage monitoring combined with high sensitivity and accuracy. Subsea is part of the segment Oceans in NORBIT ASA.
To strengthen the R&D subsea team, NORBIT is seeking a Team lead for the R&D Electronics team.
- Plan and manage day-to-day activities for the Electronics team in close cooperation with R&D Manager.
- Solve technical challenges and tailor solutions in R&D projects in close cooperation with HW Architect.
- Be directly involved in and lead the discipline of electronics design including specifications, schematics, layout, prototype assembly & testing and industrialization.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the team leads for the mechanics and acoustics team.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members as part of project execution.
- Be project manager for selected development projects – as per assigned from R&D Manager.
- BSc. or MSc within Electronics.
- Track record from electronics design and management.
- Technically savvy and practically oriented.
- Enjoy working in teams
- Multi-disciplined oriented, and unscared of exploring new domains
- Appetite for hands-on RnD – and direct contribution in design activities.
- Strong ability to follow through on tasks.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Hungry, humble, and smart.
- Autonomy – excessive freedom to be creative.
- Potential for growth. Personal development as member of a stellar technical team.
Workplace is NORBIT Headquarters in Trondheim. R&D Engineers reports to Team leads (Mechanical, Electronic or Acoustic Teams)
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Jens Ingvald Ornæs
Director R&D, Norbit Oceans
+47 902 05 662